It is generally known that the implementation of IT service management and the application of best practice such as ITIL® can bring business benefits including improved efficiencies and effectiveness and improved service delivery to the business.
However, getting everyone on-board with a shared understanding of why we need to improve and how IT service management can assist can often be a battle. In many situations, ITIL training alone can not breach that barrier.
A solution is the application of experiential learning. Experiential learning is learning through reflection on doing. Just like riding a bike, we get on, fall off, reflect, consider how to improve and then get on again. Each time the experience improves until we are proficient at bike riding.
“For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them” – Aristotle
Polestar ITSM is a highly participative face-to-face experiential learning experience. Available in a number of industry variants, the Polestar ITM simulation is a powerful way to breakthrough understanding of the benefits of ITSM and ITIL related tools or best practices. It brings to life the behavioural and process issued faced by enterprise IT organisations.
The benefits of Polestar are that it:
- Accelerates understanding of the benefits of ITSM best practice, tools and processes
- Provides realisation of the contribution that enterprise IT makes to business success
- Breaks down silos, energising and motivating staff towards successful change
- Creates commitment to ITSM related improvement programmes
- Creates a catalyst for positive change
- Is a fun, highly engaging and memorable experience!
HOW IT WORKS
Normally delivered over a number of ’rounds’, gaming dynamics are used to mirror interactions between IT and the business, from both a strategic and operational perspective. The experience also continues between rounds through defined service transition phases requiring the participants engagement in planning for strategic and operational service improvements.
WHEN TO USE IT
- To gain buy-in to ITSM tool or best practice service improvements
- To provide cost effective value-add or alternative to traditional ITSM education
- To engage people around change or transformation initiatives
Macanta is a G2G3 certified partner and can offer Polestar in the following industry variants:
Click here to request a booking, pricing or further information for a Polestar simulation.