our company creating success for you
Karen is a result focussed, self-motivated senior professional in IT Service Management and the application of best practice frameworks such as ITIL across a breadth and range of industries including agriculture, education, import/export, finance, government, healthcare, ICT/technology, mining, retail and utilities. She has added value for a diverse range of quality companies including IBM, Telstra, NAB, MMG, Coles Myer, Department of Defence, Hazelwood Power, Melbourne University, Deakin University, Upstream Print Solutions, South East Sydney Area Health, Victorian Parliament, Minerals and Metals Group, CSC Australia, Vodafone and HP.
Karen has extensive experience and proven capability in building service and process improvement strategies and plans to enable small, medium and large scale organisations to deliver commercial results to their internal clients and external customers thus ensuring that business objectives are achieved. She is an industry leader with significant experience in setting industry best practice through extensive contribution to Service Management publications, including ITIL Version 2 and 3, and a sought after international keynote speaker.
- Managing the process improvement cycle from strategy generation, analysis, opportunity identification, and development through to implementation and continual service improvement
- Negotiating and influencing to realise strategic objectives by being alert to new ideas, engaging and agreeing team direction and goals
- Complex problem solving by taking a strategic view combined with a tactical and practical approach that delivers business value
- Driving organisational change and acceptance of new ways of working through strong leadership, coaching and mentoring, clear communication and planning
- Understanding business drivers for change and moving the organisational culture from a technology focus to a service focus
Karen was awarded the inaugural Service Management Champion accolade by the IT Service Management Forum (itSMF) Australia in 2007, and awarded the Presidents Prize for best speaker at the Australian National Conference in 2005.
She holds many accreditations including ITIL Expert (Version 3), ISO/IEC 20000 Consultant, Prosci Change Management Methodology certification and is an accredited AXELOS ITIL Expert (CPD).
Karen was the creator of the eco-ITSM service – a world’s first to use the ITIL framework to improve sustainability across an organisation.
She was a contributing author to the book “Greening Service Management” written by Ian Salvage (2011) and the author of the acclaimed book “Balanced Diversity – A Portfolio Approach to Organisational Change” published in 2011.